Can't pick an output when tracks window is on second monitor

Please report any bugs found here.

Moderator: Scoot

Can't pick an output when tracks window is on second monitor

Postby Paul » Wed May 19, 2010 1:10 pm

I have a second monitor hooked up to my 13" MacBook, using the mini dvi to dvi connection. When the tracks window is displayed on the second (that's the external, DVI, monitor), I can't pick an output for a track (nothing happens when I click in a box in the Ouputs column) . When I move the tracks window to the first monitor, being the MacBook's own display, I am able to pick an output. Metro 6.4.7.2.
Paul

Postby Paul » Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm

It's the same when trying to choose the note length (the little note icon) in the graphic editor. I can only pick it when the graphic editor is displayed on the MacBook's own monitor. I'm sure there'll be more surprises :).
Paul

Postby Jerm » Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Well I have 2 reports of this but I cannot repeat it. When I click on the tracks window output it pops up exactly where it should. I have a macbook pro connect via the DVI connection and I have mirror displays off.

The only way I could get it to fail was if I set up the arrangement as shown below:

Have you tried messing with the arrangement of the monitors :?:
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Fri May 21, 2010 2:16 pm

This problem is fixed in 6.4.9.1 for when the displays arrangement is set as shown above.
Jerm

Postby Paul » Tue May 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Jerm, I haven't changed the arrangement of the monitors but it is quite similar to the one you posted. The second monitor is placed above the first one. I'll check later when you release 6.4.9.1. Any idea when that will be?
Paul

Postby Jerm » Tue May 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello Paul,

Well I am waiting on you to verify that the problem goes away when you change the monitor arrangement. Please do this simple check for me. Either pull the top screen down below the lower screen or move the menu bar to the top screen.

As soon as you verify this indeed fixes the problem I should have a release within 4 days (most likely sooner).
Jerm

Postby Paul » Tue May 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Ok, I have put the second monitor underneath the first one. No problems with picking an output then. I've also put the second screen on both sides of the first one, no problems. So, the problem only appears to exist when the second screen is on top of the first one. What I see happening with that arrangement (I hadn't noticed before) is that the output selection screen in some situations pops up on the top part of the first screen. Sometimes it's empty, sometimes it contains actual output values.

Did you notice that?
Paul

Postby Jerm » Tue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Yes. This problem is fixed. It was indeed a bug. Metro's popup menus were mistakenly assuming that y-coordinates < 30 were off the screen.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 pm

I have posted 6.4.9.1 in the downloads area. Available after you log in.

I have not announced the release yet as I still have to get the change log in order.

I am getting this out quick because I said I would. Feel free to give it a try and let me know if this problem is fixed.

Thanks for finding and reporting this.
Jerm

Return to Bug Reports