CountOff Bug In 7.0 and 7.0.1

Please report any bugs found here.

Moderator: Scoot

CountOff Bug In 7.0 and 7.0.1

Postby fastlanephil » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 am

OK.

When you are using the CountOFF option in the Transport window if there is midi data in any of the other tracks past where your are starting to record, Metro will start playing those tracks before the count off is finished in the Record enabled track so they become out of sync.

That probably is a bug. :shock:

Phil
fastlanephil

Re: CountOff Question

Postby Jerm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 am

it does not happen for me. Please send me the Metro document or bundle file with your system specs to info at sagantech.biz
Jerm

Re: CountOff Bug In 7.0 and 7.0.1

Postby Jerm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 am

Hello Phil,

Okay. I got your file and was able to easily repeat the problem with it. It is definitely a bug that was introduced in 7.0.

It was introduced when I added support for latency compensation on aux busses (for plug-ins with no audio inputs). Unfortunately there is no work-around other than to use track-inserts. If you are not using multiple sections you should put all your plug-ins on tracks and then count-off will work until the release of Metro 7.0.2 or greater (which fixes the problem).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and following up with a sample file. I only hope the new fix, which I tested and it does fix count-off for plug-ins on aux busses, does not break the latency compensation for aux busses.

Jeremy
Jerm

Return to Bug Reports