simultaneous audio tracks?

Post your questions/answers to older Metro products such as Metro 5, 5 SE, 4.5, 4, 3.5 etc.

simultaneous audio tracks?

Postby deann » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:48 pm

I have a G3 running Metro 5 with a Motu 2408 interface. I am trying to dump audio tracks from a Mackie SDR 24 track hard disk recorder into Metro using the Adat lightpipe connections. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I want to dump all 24 tracks at the same time, but I can only seem to arm Metro for 2 tracks at a time... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deann :oops:
deann

Postby Jerm » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:32 pm

Metro 5 is a very old version. You should think about upgrading to Metro 6.

If I remember correctly.... if more than one audio track is armed then its source is taken from its destination. So you should create "outputs" ("instruments" in Metro 5)via the modify outputs and busses (special menu) for all of the ports you want to record from, then assign them to tracks in the tracks window and then record-enable those tracks. You should be able to bring in at least 8 tracks at the same time this way.
Jerm

simultaneous audio tracks...

Postby deann » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:50 am

Please forgive me if I am not the sharpest pencil, but if I upgrade to Metro 6 will it run in OS9.2? And then how many tracks can I simultaneously record?
Thanks for your help...
Deann :?
deann

Re: simultaneous audio tracks...

Postby Jerm » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:51 am

deann wrote:if I upgrade to Metro 6 will it run in OS9.2?

Support for OS 9 stopped in 6.3.1 as well as tech support. However the version 6.2.2 (included with your Metro 6 upgrade purchase) does run under OS 9.
deann wrote:And then how many tracks can I simultaneously record?

That will probably be limited by your computer and hard drive speed. The theoretical limitation on recording is up to 99 tracks, of which, 64 can be audio.
Jerm

Postby Scoot » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:19 am

Maybe the 6.2.2 demo needs to be available for testing in the download section?

The biggest problem to number of tracks would be hard disk speed........and it helps having them on another IDE or SCSI drive.

Metro 6 and OS9 is very snappy.

I do have 6.2.1 demo and I can send it to Jerm if needed.
It is a .sitx if it makes a difference to a OS9 user.
Scoot

audio tracks...

Postby deann » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:46 pm

Thanks for your help... I'm happy to report I successfully imported 24 simultaneus audio tracks this morning without any problems.

Deann :D
deann

Return to Older Products QA