Metro 5 sampler and looper?

Post your questions/answers to older Metro products such as Metro 5, 5 SE, 4.5, 4, 3.5 etc.

Metro 5 sampler and looper?

Postby malan » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:34 pm

I have a bunch of drum samples now and want to use the Metro 5 sampler? What are the capabilities of the sampler?

Can I make drum loops with Metro5 using the Rhythm explorer? What about drum loops that are already in aiff format....can I load them into Metro 5 and manipulate them somehow?
malan

Postby Jerm » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:16 pm

>I have a bunch of drum samples now and want to use the Metro 5 sampler? What are the capabilities of the sampler?

The sampler in Metro 5 is very simple. Load up to 8 samples and then you can change the pitch of the notes and send it pitch bend. You cannot set loop points, layer, filter, set split points or anything cool like most samplers.

>Can I make drum loops with Metro5 using the Rhythm explorer?

You cannot really use R.E. with the built it sampler because of the samplers limitations.

>What about drum loops that are already in aiff format....can I load them into Metro 5 and manipulate them somehow?
You can load the loops into Metro 5 and split them up into regions and move 'em around. That is about it.
Jerm

Return to Older Products QA