'Cakewalk' era CD authorization failure

Post your questions/answers to older Metro products such as Metro 5, 5 SE, 4.5, 4, 3.5 etc.

'Cakewalk' era CD authorization failure

Postby Woe » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:15 am

Hi. Glad to have found this forum (as a user from Dr. T/Beyond days).

I'm back to using version 4.5 because v5 won't recognize my CD despite it being mounted on the desktop. After the 'insert the CD' prompt I put it in, it mounts, and Metro continues to ask for the disk.

The internal ATA CDrom drive in my beige G3 is disconnected in favor of a big hard drive; I have a variety of external scsi, usb, and firewire CD and/or DVD drives, all of which mounted the Metro disk but none of which satisfied the arcane needs of the authorization routine.

Anything obvious I'm missing? Isn't copy protection swell?

If there isn't any way to make this work with external CD drives, and since the v.5 upgrade that I paid $$ for has been useless for a year or two, any chance I can swap it for a current upgrade?

It can't hurt to ask. Still love the program, whatever version I can get to work.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Woe

Postby Jerm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:37 am

I am not sure which version this will work in. When the insert CD prompt comes up I believe you can instead press the 'esc' key and it will drop you in the credits page dialog.

The name you need to type in there will be one of the names from the 'Metro 5.0 credits file' which you can download once you have registered with Sagan Technology and then logged in.

If you have Metro 5 and you register it using your Metro 5 serial number you will also be able to download Metro 5.0.4 once you log in.
Jerm

Postby Scoot » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:46 pm

I never had a problem with Metro 4.5 or Metro 5 installing with an external apple 300 drive on my old PB5300.

Maybe a 3rd party drive or a slightly scratched CD is the problem........not the fact its external.
Scoot

Return to Older Products QA