Help With Setup

Post your questions/answers to older Metro products such as Metro 5, 5 SE, 4.5, 4, 3.5 etc.

Help With Setup

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:25 pm

I have previously used Master Tracks Pro on a very old Mac with a Alesis QS6 synth connected through a MIDIMacMan.

However, I have now "upgraded" my system with an iBook, MIDIsport 1x1, and the same QS6 synth running METRO 5 as the sequencer (it's a long story, but hopefully I will be able to upgrade to the newest Metro during the next school year). I have installed Metro 5 in the classic OS9 environment (although I do have OSX) and have downloaded OMS. When testing the studio in OMS everything appears to work. I have imported the "old" MIDI files into Metro and they look correct. When I "play" on the keyboard in Metro the QS6 will sound the note. I have also assigned the instruments to read: "QS6-1" and have tried other variations "Port: QS6", etc.

The problem: When I try to play or record, nothing happens. I may be making the wrong assumption about Metro, but in my previous sequencer the cursor would track in the Transport window while playing or recording and it is not even doing that. When I hit play the cursor stays in one place and blinks some with no sound.

Anyone who could help shed some light for this new Metro user would be very much appreciated!!!

Postby Jerm » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:32 pm

Metro 5 does not work in OS X classic mode.
Jerm

Postby Scoot » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:40 am

3 things

Run Metro 5 in OS9 with OMS which is required under 9.

Install a Metro 6 demo and see what you think.......and your next option would be determined by your requirements.

Either buy SE outright or do the Metro upgrade from version 5 to the full version.

Metro 6 is way way better than version 5.
The ability to use virtual instruments can offer you unlimited possiblities.
The cool thing is you can do all this in the demo......you just can't save anything.
Scoot

Re: Help With Setup

Postby mayya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 am

But I did successfully create the .ins file for my P250! It's pretty easy once you know what to do. So far it seems to be working. I'm up and running the way I want.
mayya

Re: Help With Setup

Postby Jerm » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:36 pm

I am happy to hear it. I just hope it didn't take 9 years :)
Jerm

Return to Older Products QA