Something Big is Coming to Rhythm Explorer

General announcements appear here.

Something Big is Coming to Rhythm Explorer

Postby Jerm » Sat May 24, 2014 10:16 pm

http://sagantech.com/music/8BarPLJam15.mp3

The drums are from Melda production's excellent mDrummer. The other two tracks are instances of, the very old, UVI ultra focus with the lead having one instance of Amplitube 3 placed on it.

Not a single note of the lead was either edited or even played. Straight from Rhythm Explorer.
Jerm

Re: Something Big is Coming to Rhythm Explorer

Postby Jerm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Here is another demo. This one has a lead guitar via the wavestation through amplitube 3 and the drums are provided by Addictive drums 2. Only a handful of edits were performed. The leads are pretty much, straight out of the new R.E. algorithm.
Jerm

Postby abovethoughts » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Live Jamming? Multiple Rhythm Explorer's ? Sequenced in real time ? insane examples, btw!
abovethoughts

Postby Jerm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:33 pm

abovethoughts wrote:Live Jamming? Multiple Rhythm Explorer's ? Sequenced in real time ? insane examples, btw!

Well there is a new Jam button that will play through all the Rhythm Explorer patterns and then generate 8 more, effectively making it perpetual.

RE on each track would be a great addition and that may well be coming but not in this release.

There are two new RE algorithms. The 'lead generator' produces pretty much outstanding results and has many options including selecting up to 4 override scales, pitch bend, modulation and much more. The lead generator algorithm ties in to the new marker options which include, among other things, syncing to MIDI drums and selecting an override scale to jam at each chord change.

The biggest problem for me is that it eats up your hard drive space because there are so many good takes that I have to save everything. (o;
Jerm

Postby abovethoughts » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 pm

[quote="Jerm"]Here is another [url=http://www.sagantech.com/music/8BarPatternLeadGuitarMajor3.mp3]demo[/url]. This one has a lead guitar via the wavestation through amplitube 3 and the drums are provided by Addictive drums 2. Only a handful of edits were performed. The leads are pretty much, straight out of the new R.E. algorithm.[/quote]

This demo shows the power of the new capability of RE - I have listened to this multiple times - impressive / any details about it's release that you could give, if possible ?
abovethoughts

Postby Jerm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm

abovethoughts wrote:
Jerm wrote:Here is another demo. This one has a lead guitar via the wavestation through amplitube 3 and the drums are provided by Addictive drums 2. Only a handful of edits were performed. The leads are pretty much, straight out of the new R.E. algorithm.

This demo shows the power of the new capability of RE - I have listened to this multiple times - impressive / any details about it's release that you could give, if possible ?

I keep telling myself "wow that is good but you can do better!". Here is a picture of the new lead generator tab of the URE preferences dialog:

I will probably be removing the 'durations can extend' check box as it is simpler if it is always on.

Note that for each note duration type you can specify a percent so if you want really fast leads it is quite easy.

The 'stay with feel' check box has to do with whether or not the song is a triplet or straight feel. You can set it to 100% so it never switches to 16th notes when the song has a triplet feel. The feel is automatically determined by the other tracks in the song.

I am thinking of changing the modulation to a controller 'n' and then allowing multiple controllers to be specified whereby you would use a range and a detent position so that you can use filters and wah instead of just vibrato which is how it is designed now. Currently the detent position is the first value of the range which can be greater than the second.

The derivation percent has to do with how derived the lead track will be. There are many derivation algos, so after a few patterns are generated, this setting will determine how often the patterns are reused with or without a derivation algo, as opposed to generating new patterns. The patterns are generated from scratch or from presets. The latter are pitched and/or duration presets.

I am sure anyone looking at this tab may have more questions so feel free to ask.

Constructive comments would be appreciated.

Jerm

Postby abovethoughts » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:42 am

Announcements = Fixed display, thanks / in preferences lead generator what does the predominant scale checkbox functionally do ? Do tracks send scale data to each other ?
abovethoughts

Postby abovethoughts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

FR: Pref screen and RE side by side open and functional at the same time ? Reason: The responsiveness would be faster and almost toylike ;)
abovethoughts

Postby abovethoughts » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi -

Any news on this update ?
abovethoughts

Postby Jerm » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:42 pm

abovethoughts wrote:Hi -

Any news on this update ?

I am not sure why but your posts in this topic never made it to the forum and today I noticed that they were awaiting approval, so I approved them.

Here is something that RE produced today. I did not edit a single not of the entire solo section:

http://www.sagantech.com/music/8BarLGAV1.mp3

As for the release, I hope to have it in the next 30 days or so hopefully.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 am

Streaming live now.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Streaming live again.

This time featuring the derivation magic named "Rest". This a must check out.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Here are quite a bunch more samples created by the lead/melody generator.
Jerm

Postby fastlanephil » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Jeremy,

You're getting some pretty interesting leads out of the Rythmn Explorer. Some of the best AI generated music I've heard.

David Cope's Emily Howell being one other I like on the classical side.
fastlanephil

Postby Jerm » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:15 am

Live event now.

This will play for a while. It showcases the new 'copy and extend' derivation algorithm as well as the chord generator and MIDI sync to other (non-drum) track. The latter feature automatically invokes harmony. The selected lead scale weights are as follows:

Blues - 50
    Major - 1
    Major Pentatonic - 2
    Major Blues - 2

And the generator weights are set as follows:

Normal - 6
    Alternate - 28
    Preset - 62
    Chordal - 17
    Spiral - 3

The currently selected artist preset file (which is used when the generator method is set to 'preset') contain 199 presets, all in play.
Jerm

Next

Return to Announcements