Revolution Arp Settings question

No questions asked!

Revolution Arp Settings question

Postby Lytz1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 am

Hey all!

A quick question regarding a setting in the Revolution Arp Window:

The (old) manual states:

Diatonic chords: Same as Chords except that transposed notes are tranposed in the current scale based on the time signature of the section.

Now we do not have this setting anymore. I guess it's replaced by simply calling it Chord 2. So I assume Chord 2 is the old Diatonic Chords setting.

Now there is also a Diatonic checkbox. Does it do the same for all presets or does it have another funtion?

I also have already quite some fun with this, but it is somehow kinda random because I don't exactly understand how this works.

(for example: does it refer to the reference key which can be set in the transport window?)

And how does it deal with chordmarkers, if at all?

Any short statements are helpful,

thanks,

tL.

For clarification which settings I mean I have included a screenshot from the metro manual, see below.
Attachments
Keyboard_Window_with_Arpeggiator.jpg
Picture of Diatonic Chords Setting from old Manual
Keyboard_Window_with_Arpeggiator.jpg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
Lytz1

Re: Revolution Arp Settings question

Postby Lytz1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Well, I have to respecify:

Actually I tried several settings now, with changing the arp setting from chord1 to chord2, once with diatonic checkmark on and off,
I changed the global key in the transport window from major to minor *and* have some chordmarkers going on in the arrangement.
Doenst make any difference, pressing Amaj chord gives the same result on all 8 or so different combinations I tried.

But when I wrote my question at least something was changing when I changed the global key from major to minor.

Thats what I mean, it's really not clear for me what is going on with theese settings...

(By the way, would be awesome if the Arp would follow chordmarkers in realtime, but thats a FR for another day)

Best,

tL.

(EDIT: And now, a couple of hours later, it works again. The arp changes when I change the Section Key from Maj to min and vice versa.
But I need to understand why that is to work with this consistently)
Lytz1

Postby Jerm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:21 pm

I believe the documentation you are referring to is completely obsolete. Markers are not recognized by the arpeggiator. Diatonic will cause the arpeggiator to select a diatonic interval instead of a chromatic interval. The root note is specified in the arp revolutions page, accessed by clicking on the individual step and selecting 'revolutions...'

Jerm

Postby Lytz1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Okay, thanks J,

but then why the behaviour of the Arp changes when I change the Sections Keysignature?

t.
Lytz1

Postby Jerm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Well most likely you have selected 'root note from key signature' I would imagine.
Jerm

Postby Lytz1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Haha, lol, yeah, thats it...

Thanks,

t.
Lytz1

Return to Tips & Techniques