launching a song with a midi keyboard

No questions asked!

launching a song with a midi keyboard

Postby françois » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:42 am

hello,
Could someone tell me if a tip exist to launch a song with a midi keyboard control, and not with the spacebar or the " play " icon ?

thanks
françois

Postby Jerm » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:23 pm

If you mean "play" when you say "launch" then it can easily be done with the remote control window.
Jerm

Postby françois » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:27 pm

what kind of controller would enable the scroll up and down from the songs in the " sections " window ?
would it be also possible to type threw my midi device directly the number of the song in the sections window ?

for example : type the song N° 121 in the numéric pad
of my midi divice.
françois

Postby Jerm » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:40 pm

françois wrote:what kind of controller would enable the scroll up and down from the songs in the " sections " window ?

Use the remote control destination of 'Set Section' to select sections between 1-128. You can use a program change or other event to trigger the section change.

françois wrote:would it be also possible to type threw my midi device directly the number of the song in the sections window ?

I would think so. If you have program number assigned to set section then typing in a program change on your MIDI controller will then set the corresponding section.

françois wrote:for example : type the song N° 121 in the numéric pad
of my midi divice.

Yes.
Jerm

Postby françois » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:58 am

françois wrote:for example : type the song N° 121 in the numéric pad
of my midi divice.

Yes.[/quote]

if I type N°257, the position returns to N°1. is it possible to change that ?

I think it's possible to scroll the songs in the remote panel window, but would it be possible to page up and down, to increase and decrease the songs ?
françois

Postby Jerm » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:41 am

françois wrote:if I type N°257, the position returns to N°1. is it possible to change that ?

I will look into this. Sounds like a bug.

françois wrote:I think it's possible to scroll the songs in the remote panel window, but would it be possible to page up and down, to increase and decrease the songs ?

I do not understand what you are saying here. :?
Jerm

Postby françois » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:12 am

françois wrote:I think it's not possible to scroll the songs in the remote panel window, but would it be possible to page up and down, to increase and decrease the songs ?

I do not understand what you are saying here. :?[/quote]

To scroll ( up / down ), have I to do this with my mouse, or is it possible to create a midi shortcut lilke note on.... ?
françois

Postby Jerm » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:29 am

Okay. I did some research. Currently only sections 1-256 will work. This has been fixed in the next pre-release.

What I had said before was wrong. You need to create an individual remote control 'Set Section' event for each section that you want to change to.

There is currently no way to use remote control to scroll the sections window.
Jerm

Return to Tips & Techniques