Stacking VSTi/Piano Roll to Multiple Tracks/Piano Roll Key

General Metro Questions and Answers should be asked and answered here

Moderator: w

Stacking VSTi/Piano Roll to Multiple Tracks/Piano Roll Key

Postby abovethoughts » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 am

Hi -

Three of my favorite techniques, not sure yet how to achieve them in Metro, so here goes ;)

1. Stack Vsti's: Easily found how to do this In "Instantiated Effects/Synths". But it's a bit difficult to control individual synth volumes, how is this accomplished and can I do this right in the "Instantiated Effects/Synths" window ?

2. Piano Roll Sequence to control multiple tracks? Btw, this technique is very similar to stacking VSTi's but here each synth would get it's own track ;)

3. Set the Piano Roll to only allow me to pencil in notes based on Key/Scale ?

Thanks in advance ;)
abovethoughts

Re: Stacking VSTi/Piano Roll to Multiple Tracks/Piano Roll K

Postby Jerm » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:01 pm

abovethoughts wrote: 1. Stack Vsti's: Easily found how to do this In "Instantiated Effects/Synths". But it's a bit difficult to control individual synth volumes, how is this accomplished and can I do this right in the "Instantiated Effects/Synths" window ?

I guess the volume control would have to be done within the individual synths in this case. There is a feature request forum.

abovethoughts wrote:2. Piano Roll Sequence to control multiple tracks? Btw, this technique is very similar to stacking VSTi's but here each synth would get it's own track ;)

Not exactly sure what the question is? You can easily view multiple tracks by clicking the '+' button in the graphic editor.

abovethoughts wrote:3. Set the Piano Roll to only allow me to pencil in notes based on Key/Scale ?

Thanks in advance ;)

You cannot do that with the pencil tool but you can with the spray paint tool. Double click on the spray paint tool icon for options.
Jerm

Postby abovethoughts » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Jerm wrote:
abovethoughts wrote:
2. Piano Roll Sequence to control multiple tracks? Btw, this technique is very similar to stacking VSTi's but here each synth would get it's own track ;)

Not exactly sure what the question is? You can easily view multiple tracks by clicking the '+' button in the graphic editor.

One track's piano roll sending it's MIDI out to multiple tracks, is that possible?
abovethoughts

Postby Jerm » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Possible via layers, external MIDI only.

For VSTi's you can do it by having multiple synths assigned in the instantiated synths window.
Jerm

Return to General Metro QA