Anyone using the MOTU 828?

Post topics related specifically to Metro LX or Metro SE here.

Anyone using the MOTU 828?

Postby Biffer » Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:14 am

Hey, I just moved up to system 10 and am revamping my music recording system. Lost my metro 5 disk so couldn't upgrade and went to Metro SE instead. For an interface I bought a MOTU 828 firewire interface. I'm hoping to link up with other users of this system and see how they have it all hooked up. For instance, are you going through a mixer first and then into the interface? And how do I set up Metro to record from the various channels on METRO? In other words I would like to have a few mikes running simultaniously onto seperate tracks (all I have been able to do so far is have both mikes go to one track in stereo). And what do you do for montering what you are recording? I can't find any kind of playthrough feature in SE.

Thanks for any help.

Biff
Biffer

Postby kelldammit » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:38 pm

i have a traveler, but haven't really used it much with metro (i mostly use a novation x-station 25)...but in answer to your questions:

1. i use the interface directly, no mixer. very convenient for field recording, or futzing around @ work on lunchbreak :)

2. as regards the multiple inputs, honestly, i'm not sure...anyone?

3. for monitoring, use motu's cue mix console. you can then use the main outs and/or headphone out on the motu to monitor incoming signal.

kell
kelldammit

Return to Metro LX/SE specific