Panning mono audio channel - how?

Topics related to Audio

Postby Stephanie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Scoot wrote:I

Third - shake $100 out of everyone singing and get a new imac. :lol:

I like this one best! :-)
Stephanie

Too many bits spoil the mix, is that it?

Postby Stephanie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:47 pm

You can tell I'm new to audio. I really appreciate your patience with me; it's definitely significant value added to the product!

I'll try the 44.1x16bit route. Should I start from scratch, re-importing the tracks from the original WAVs again?

Thanks for the pre/post tip; that may be exactly what I was looking for.
Stephanie

Re: Too many bits spoil the mix, is that it?

Postby Scoot » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:37 am

Stephanie wrote:I'll try the 44.1x16bit route. Should I start from scratch, re-importing the tracks from the original WAVs again?

I would think that would be good......at least then it's one conversion rather than a conversion of a conversion.

You can convert a .wav straight to AIFF in Metro (in LX?).....just drop it on the metro icon if its in the dock.......it will bring up a dialog box and you tell it you want the 44.1x16 and can choose mono or stereo. It may pay to drop on one at a time so you can name it something you recoginise - name of singer or something. If you drop 2 at once, the second one suggests saving it with the same name (least it did here).

Before Metro got the extra ability to save off mp3 (listed as a sticky at the top of the audio section) I used to trust Quicktime Player with my conversions and never had a problem. The info window was always a great source of format - khz and bitrate.
Some reason itunes ability to either import mp3 or aiff and having it hide in the prefs always seemed a little odd to me..........like it was doing it for me and I didn't have a say. I only use itunes to dump to the ipod and thats on a PC :roll:

Stephanie wrote:You can tell I'm new to audio.

100 responses bombarding ya brain and you're still coming back to figure it out. Good on ya.
Scoot

Previous

Return to Audio