Alternative Non-Aggregate Audio?

Topics related to Audio

Alternative Non-Aggregate Audio?

Postby Territan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Today I finally resigned myself to the cold, hard fact: Aggregate devices in OS X (Mountain Lion, but also in Lion) are apparently not going to work for me. If I create an aggregate with both Rig Kontrol 3 and the built-in outlets, the audio gets seriously broken, either digitally degraded or dreadfully delayed. So, I have to use Rig Kontrol as Rig Kontrol wants to be used: as the primary input, with its headphone jack being the primary output.

But this is a problem in Metro, since I don't see a way to select the Rig Kontrol as the primary sound input. Can someone tell me what I'm missing, please?
———
(MBP 2.6GHz, 4Gb RAM, 1920x1200 scrn, 250Gb disk 80% full, and no talent)
Territan

Re: Alternative Non-Aggregate Audio?

Postby Jerm » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 pm

I am not familiar with Rig-Kontrol. When you go to the digital audio dialog what do you see in the popup? and when you go to device options in the digital audio dialog what do you see? and what version of Metro are you using?
Jerm

Re: Alternative Non-Aggregate Audio?

Postby Territan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Heh. Pardon the necro-bump, but I did some backtracking, and obviously some stuff has changed. Let's, as they say, "take it from the top."

I'm now on the current version of Metro (Intel 7.2, Tron Edition), have an Aggie set up which includes as inputs the mic (1 and 2), built-in input (3 and 4), and two inputs from the Rig Kontrol (5 and 6). Likewise, I have four outputs, two to standard out (1 and 2), and the monitors of the Rig Kontrol (3 and 4). In continuing the trend of corny names, I called it "Rigged for Her Pleasure."

In the Digital Audio dialog, I can select the aggie, select inputs 5 and 6 for the guitar. Once I created some audio output buses, I could record audio and see the audio recording on screen. So, progress. Yay.

The last thing I needed was software audio monitoring, and I finally found that under the Switches menu.

So, everything's good, with the possible exception of the fact that my laptop still hates aggregate audio and the signal tends to degrade over time. I think at this point it's the laptop's problem, though.
———
(MBP 2.6GHz, 4Gb RAM, 1920x1200 scrn, 250Gb disk 80% full, and no talent)
Territan

Return to Audio