Controlling controllers

Topics related to MIDI

Controlling controllers

Postby amriser » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:09 pm

I want to remove all the sustain pedal from my MIDI piano track. I've found the window in the Graphics Events panel where I can see the Controll:Sustain pedal on the screen, but how do I quickly set the entire track to 0? The only way I see to change it is to use the pencil tool to draw along the track but that is so time consuming on a long song that I know there must be a better way to set any controller to a specific level for an entire track.
amriser

Postby Jerm » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 pm

Once you are in the correct view you can use the 'Edit:Select All' (cmd-A) and then the 'Options:Continuous data' menu items to set the entire track to controller 64 value 0.

Alternatively after selecting all, you can use the delete key to remove all continuous sustain pedal.

Lastly you may also use the extract data with the 'cut' option to remove the controller data.
Jerm

Postby amriser » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:04 pm

Thank you so much... that did it
amriser

Zeroing Sustain pedal

Postby Stephanie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:44 pm

I like using the Filter options on the Events window. Filter out everything until only controller messages remain. The sustain pedal messages are identified pretty clearly and are easy to check off and delete.
Stephanie

Return to MIDI