MIDI input problem

Topics related to MIDI

MIDI input problem

Postby giomakyo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am

Puzzling situation. I broke down my studio for a move, and after re-connecting everything (and not changing anything), I am completely unable to get MIDI input in METRO from any connected devices. Running 6.4.5 on an Intel iMac, OSX 10.5.8.

For example: I connect my Virus as a controller to my MT4 MIDI interface. Set up the Virus connections on Audio/MIDI Setup.
Play the keyboard and MIDI In indicates on the MT4. However no MIDI data is recorded in Metro, despite the VIRUS Port being selected. I have also tried Input "All" and that doesn't work either. Automatic MIDI Thru is also selected in the "Switches" menu.

MIDI playback of step-sequenced data within Metro works fine, and also triggers the Virus. So MIDI output is fine. Also connected the VIRUS directly to another MIDI device and it worked fine as a controller, so no problem there or in the MIDI cable.

So I've either got a problem with MIDI input of some sort in METRO, or the MT4 is receiving MIDI data but somehow not sending it on, which seems unlikely... any ideas?
giomakyo

Re: MIDI input problem

Postby Jerm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm

The first thing to do is to go to Apple's Audio MIDI Setup program and be sure you are getting MIDI input with the test studio option.

After that is working be sure to select the correct inputs in the MIDI Setup dialog under 'record from'. Also be sure to check the input select field of the tracks window.

Let me know if that helps.
Jerm

Postby duaa » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:00 am

can any bode solve my problem??
duaa

Postby Jerm » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:46 pm

If you problem is related to original post, did you follow the directions in the following post? If yes, what happened?
Jerm

Return to MIDI