When MIDI Plug-ins Get Confused

Topics related to effect plug-ins

When MIDI Plug-ins Get Confused

Postby Territan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:11 am

I just upgraded to Komplete 4, and a strange thing has been happening on the Absynth: it defaults to audio rather than keyboard recording. And when I say "defaults to," I mean "offers no option to record in anything but."

I blame the dual nature of the plug-in; even the instrument version of it (as opposed to the effect version) will take input from an audio source and do effects processing ...somehow. Admittedly I haven't experimented much with that technique. But in this case I want simply to record the MIDI and produce a basic track with it, and the recorder is frustrating me.

Has anyone else had this problem, with Absynth 4 or any other plug-in?

(BTW, I'm using Metro 6.3.2.4 on a PBG4 that has 2Gb of RAM; I don't think memory an issue.)

(Perhaps I should be writing this as a Bug instead of a plug-in question?)
Territan

Postby Jerm » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Some plug-ins accept MIDI and Audio. Simply select 'notes' or 'audio' from the graphic editor popup to switch between the two.
Jerm

Postby Territan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:59 pm

Jerm wrote:Some plug-ins accept MIDI and Audio. Simply select 'notes' or 'audio' from the graphic editor popup to switch between the two.

I had tried that, and it didn't help; it would still insist on receiving audio. It looks like the key was the Input Select pull-down up on the Tracks window. Since it could accept audio input (Absynth 4 will also work as an Effects plug-in), the Input Select menu would populate with all available audio processing options except "Off".

The solution was to download the 6.3.7.1 version. In fact, I'm very happy with all of the fancy new menuing in the Tracks window now.

Thanks for your help.
Territan

Return to Effects/Plug-ins