problems with Sampletank

Topics related to effect plug-ins

problems with Sampletank

Postby axnyslie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:05 am

I just installed Sampletank 2.2 using a G4 with MOTU 828mkII and Metro 6.3.8.4 when I use the stand alone app Sampletank works great and sounds great. When I load it as a plug-in in Metro the sound is awful and the octaves are too high. The samples are very weak sounding compared to when it's played on the Sampletank app. This is when I load it as Music Device VS dragged into the effects/synth window. The VST OSX version gives me the error "too many outputs. plug-in cannot be loaded."

Did I miss something in the set up? I've only used hardware samplers and this is my first experience with a software sampler. I got sampletank because it was recommended here and the MOTU 828 interface so I can use the multi outputs for outboard processing of the sampler instruments.
axnyslie

Postby Jerm » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:20 am

Hello Joe,

Let me say that I use sampletank almost every day with Metro and it works great.

First thing, go online to the sampletank user area and download the latest version. There were several serious bugs in the earlier versions. Next, load up the AU version and go to preferences and set the 'outputs number' to '7+8'. This should allow the VST version to load.

There are still some serious bugs in the AU version so I recommend using the VST version at this point.

If you still have problems, please be more specific as to which sounds you are loading and what they sound like, perhaps include a short audio sample.
Jerm

Postby axnyslie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Jerm wrote:
First thing, go online to the sampletank user area and download the latest version. There were several serious bugs in the earlier versions. Next, load up the AU version and go to preferences and set the 'outputs number' to '7+8'. This should allow the VST version to load.

I have the lastest version now but I don't see where the preferences is for Sampletank to set the outputs number.
'
Also I deleted some plug-ins but they are still showing up in the plug-ins list. How do I get rid of them?
axnyslie

Postby axnyslie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:05 pm

I reset the hardware to 16 bit 44.1khz and the sound is good now. I hope that doesn't mean Sanpletank doesn't support 24 bit 96 khz hardware. :(
axnyslie

Postby Jerm » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 pm

axnyslie wrote:I don't see where the preferences is for Sampletank to set the outputs number.

After loading the Sampletank editor, click on the little button that says 'prefs'. You should be able to set the outputs up to 19+20 I think and still have it work in Metro.
axnyslie wrote:Also I deleted some plug-ins but they are still showing up in the plug-ins list. How do I get rid of them?

Well you need to find them on your hard disk. They could be in two different places, off the top of my head they are: hardDrive/Libraray/audio/plug-ins and User/Library/Audio/plug-ins

Note that inside both of those folders is a VST and a components folder. Both contain plug-ins.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 pm

axnyslie wrote:I reset the hardware to 16 bit 44.1khz and the sound is good now. I hope that doesn't mean Sanpletank doesn't support 24 bit 96 khz hardware. :(

I just did a quick test on my MacBook Pro set to 24 96k and Sampletank sounded fine.
Jerm

Postby axnyslie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Thanks! Everything's working right now. It was all due to the buggy AU version. I'm loving this Sampletank, much better than my old Akai sampler.
axnyslie

Return to Effects/Plug-ins