Plugin Instrument Remote Control

Topics related to effect plug-ins

Plugin Instrument Remote Control

Postby fastlanephil » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello Jeremy,

I'm wondering if Metro 7 allows external midi controllers such as my Axion 49 or the Behringer B-Control Rotary BCR2000 to remotely control plugin instrument control knobs and possibly sliders while on a track.

Iv'e got a LASS 2.5 instrument loaded in Kontakt 5.2 that can be externally controlled with a MIDI controller after you assign a CC# to the knob using the Kontakt 5 MIDI automation window by dragging the CC# on to the knob.

I created a new remote control preset and selected Kontakt 5-16out in the Parameters column with the Output Pan(+/-) in the command column and tried using CC84 and programing a knob on my Axion 49 to manipulate the Lass 2.5 Kontakt 5 instrument pitch knob it but it does nothing. Maybe it shouldn't.

I can't find anything about this particular function in the Metro help or manual so I figured I better ask.

Phil Lovgren
fastlanephil

Re: Plugin Instrument Remote Control

Postby Jerm » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:18 am

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do but I am pretty sure you can do it.

I doubt you want output pan (+/-). I think you either want the 'controller' or 'EFX Param.' command. You would insert a controller, assign it to 84 (if that is what the axiom is transmitting) and then assign the output to whatever the plug-in is looking for. Either automation or MIDI controller mapping.
Jerm

Re: Plugin Instrument Remote Control

Postby fastlanephil » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 am

Yes, using the command "controller" did the trick.

Here's a YouTube video about controlling LASS 2.0 with midi hardware if you want to see what I was trying to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40e9LXDoi5U&noredirect=1

Thanks for the help!

Phil
fastlanephil

Return to Effects/Plug-ins