Another Arpeggiator Feature Request

Please post any ideas for new features in Metro or Metro SE here.

Postby GSpro » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Jerm wrote:If it does not follow the pattern what would be the velocity and duration of the notes produced?

Hello Sir and forum,
The velocity of the chord placed, could be passed on to the designated (C4-C#4) as an example, and the duration would either be the same as for velocity or, Sustain Pedal?

I wish I could provide you with more in depth details but, I am reading up on the Audio and Midi core from Apple Dev. and today ordered midi specifications from midi.org to try to comprehend the programming flow. I am not a programmer nor, I plan to be one and even if I did it'll be years before I was to become a seasoned one. But, I do like to understand the concept and hopefully ask/place better questions/answers.

Just heads up:
It's going to be slow reading :oops:
my hands are full these days.

Thank you
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.8.2... 828MK3, Ext. FW G-Tech DRIVE, Fantom X8, XV-88, PCR800, SC-8850, SonicCell, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Sonik Synth 2, Independence Pro, EZDrummer, MDrummer Large
GSpro

Postby Jerm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:31 pm

This question has nothing to do with programming. Duration is simply the length of the note. If you are strumming chords the notes of the chords must have a duration. It would make sense to me if the duration were taken from the pattern so that say, if you want to strum 16th notes, you could leave all the durations in the current pattern equal to 0 which means no change in duration. You would then set the note-length/sync parameter to 16ths. Then holding the c4 for up-strum and c#4 for down-strum could potentially take the velocity from the control keys (c4/c#4) but I would want the control keys to be assignable so that if you wanted those keys in your chord you could do that as well. If not then perhaps this, if implemented, should not be part of the arpeggiator at all.

I am still not clear how this should be implemented so that everything will work and make sense. Perhaps two new arp methods, up-control and down-control? Even with this I am not sure how that would work since it would require remote control to assign the control keys. Any ideas?
Jerm

Postby GSpro » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Jerm wrote:This question has nothing to do with programming. Duration is simply the length of the note. If you are strumming chords the notes of the chords must have a duration. It would make sense to me if the duration were taken from the pattern so that say, if you want to strum 16th notes, you could leave all the durations in the current pattern equal to 0 which means no change in duration. You would then set the note-length/sync parameter to 16ths. Then holding the c4 for up-strum and c#4 for down-strum could potentially take the velocity from the control keys (c4/c#4) but I would want the control keys to be assignable so that if you wanted those keys in your chord you could do that as well. If not then perhaps this, if implemented, should not be part of the arpeggiator at all.

I am still not clear how this should be implemented so that everything will work and make sense. Perhaps two new arp methods, up-control and down-control? Even with this I am not sure how that would work since it would require remote control to assign the control keys. Any ideas?

I see your points.
What you're saying it's making perfect sense.

What about a plug-in or standalone app, would that simplify things?
I don't know, just asking away.

Thank you
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.8.2... 828MK3, Ext. FW G-Tech DRIVE, Fantom X8, XV-88, PCR800, SC-8850, SonicCell, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Sonik Synth 2, Independence Pro, EZDrummer, MDrummer Large
GSpro

Re: Another Arpeggiator Feature Request

Postby Jerm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Metro 7.1 will have some unbelievable new features related to this request. You will not be disappointed! :mrgreen:
Jerm

Postby GSpro » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:11 am

Oooh yes! Looking forward to the new release. :)
GSpro

Postby Jerm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 pm

7.1 is not released yet but here is a video showing some of what you can expect...

Best viewed fullscreen at HD 720!

Jerm

Postby Jerm » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 am

For curiosity I added some drums and bass to the tutorial and I got this.
Jerm

Previous

Return to Metro/LX/SE Feature Request