Metro 6.4.3.1 Pre-Release now available

General announcements appear here.

Postby Jerm » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:23 pm

All new purchases (since 06-2007) include access to this version. There is an upgrade price of $34.99 to upgrade any flavor of Metro 6.x before 6.4 to 6.4.3. Upgrades from 6.4 are free.

Once you have purchased a license you may download our software here.

IMPORTANT: The official system requirements have changed as of 6.1.

IMPORTANT: Metro Documents written with this version will NOT be readable in any version prior to Metro/Metro SE version 6.4.3.

IMPORTANT: This is a pre-release, meaning it has some bug fixes (and possibly features) that were deemed important enough to be released before it could be rigorously tested.

We want our software to be bug free. If you find any bugs please report them here.

New to this version: 6.4.3
    • Real Time Arpeggiator has been completely rewritten and placed in the keyboard window with a huge feature set including:
      • Multiple arpeggiation patterns
      • Multiple methods; up, down, updownedges, chords and diatonic chords
      • Octaves control
      • Sync control
      • Swing control
      • Steps control
      • Pattern UI area with 16 X 3 steps, each with quick independent control over transpose, velocity and duration via popup.
      • Latching
      • Initialize pattern
      • Randomize pattern
      • Shuffle pattern
      • load and save presets
      • copy and paste
      • Transpose up and down
      • remote control of Arp parameters.
      • works with all soft synth plugs and external MIDI.
      • now available for free for Metro SE and Metro LX users.
    • The entire remote control window and functionality is now available for free for Metro SE and Metro LX users, including built-in preset support for Tranzport, Alphatrack, Axiom and more. If anyone adds support for other devices please send us the preset to share with everyone.
    • Smarter about what is shown below a MIDI/Audio track when in controller view.
    • Time signatures are retained.
    • Keyboard window position and Arpeggiator data stored in documents.
    • Improved Leopard (OS X version 10.5) compatibility.

Fixed in this version:
    • Dragging files to Metro while a modal dialog was active could have caused some problems.
    • The new feature of default outputs implemented in 6.4.1.1 caused several problems. When a track insert MIDI plug-in was assigned it may have been difficult to add a synth to a new track. Pasting was not correctly assigning outputs in certain cases.
    • It was possible that the graphic editor track selection popup would default to a track that did not exist.
    • If no MIDI devices are selected on startup a MIDI Setup dialog is displayed. This now occurs later in the startup cycle.
    • A possible crash relating to offline plug-in processing has been corrected.
    • The position and order of windows are restored correctly upon document load.
    • A problem whereby weird things could occur when trying to automate a aux pan knob.
    • Inserting time into a frozen track was not working correctly.
    • A crash was occurring trying to parse some audio files when a QuickTime version less than 7.0 was installed.
    • Rhythm Explorer was not generating data using the selected time signature in some cases.
    • Importing an audio file with no other tracks, now correctly sets the tempo.
    • updated remote control preset for Tranzport. This allows shift-rotary knob to control the jukebox volume when jukebox is active.
    • Expanding loops no longer duplicates special bank and program events. This could cause hiccups during playback to some devices.
    • A crash could have occurred if notes were pending to be sent to a Virtual Instrument during document open.
    • Miscellaneous bug fixes and other enhancements.
Last edited by Jerm on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jerm

Postby Paul » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Jerm,

could it be that the latch fuction of the new arpeggiator doesn't work? As soon as I let go of a key, the arp stops.

Also, with my Yamaha MO8 (connected via USB) the notes are played as though a sustain pedal is used and I have to use the All notes off command to stop the hanging notes. This is not the case with software instruments and I haven't tried it with any other hardware synths.

I do like the new arp very much though. Great work!
Paul

Postby Jerm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Paul wrote:could it be that the latch fuction of the new arpeggiator doesn't work? As soon as I let go of a key, the arp stops.

Perhaps latch is the wrong term. When this button is checked it causes the arp to restart when the first key down is detected. Otherwise it stays in sync with the sequence.

Paul wrote:Also, with my Yamaha MO8 (connected via USB) the notes are played as though a sustain pedal is used and I have to use the All notes off command to stop the hanging notes.

You should not get any hanging notes. Can you give me a set of more repeatable steps such that I can reproduce it here?

Paul wrote:I do like the new arp very much though. Great work!

Thank you.
Jerm

Postby Paul » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Ok, I thought Latch meant something else. Korg uses it with their arps to indicate that the notes will be arpeggiated even after letting go of the keys.

There's not really much to tell about the MO8. Maybe some points of interest: LocalCtrl = off, midi IN/OUT = USB. That's about all I can think off. When the notes are played back the problem doesn't occur. It's just annoying when recording because it gets a bit of cacophony.
Paul

Postby Jerm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Can you email me the arp preset you are using? Is it 64th notes or something?
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Never mind I can repeat this. I am still investigating and I will let you know.
Jerm

Postby Jerm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Okay I will have a 6.4.3.1 within the next couple of days to address this.
Jerm

Postby w » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:24 pm

I am using Metro LX 6.4.3 and I am having trouble finding the real time arranger.

The on line instructions say:

To use real-time arpeggiation:

1. From the Special menu choose Real Time Arpeggiator.

When I go to Special menu ( the menu bar of Metro LX 6.4.3 ) I do not see it.

Is it not available in the LX versions? I could not see it listed in the comparison chart.
Last edited by w on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w

Postby Jerm » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:36 pm

It has been relocated to the keyboard window and it is available in LX.
Jerm

Postby w » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks.
w

Postby Jerm » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 pm

6.4.3.1 is now available for download.

Latch now works as Paul suggested and the old latch has been renamed 'retrigger'. The sustain pedal also works well with the arpeggiator and the Realtime arpeggoator works with external MIDI (again).
Jerm

Return to Announcements